Noise Mitigation 101:
What is the difference between sound & noise? Noise is a sound that is unwanted and bothersome to the receiver!
Therefore, noise mitigation is absorbing or blocking unwanted sound in any environment.
Environmental Noise Control, Inc. provides materials and products for both absorbing & blocking.
When a sound wave is absorbed, both its linear wave peaks are trapped within an absorption material. This essentially “kills” that sound wave and prevents it from propagating both beyond the absorptive material or bouncing off the material and traveling back along the path on which it came.
When a sound wave is blocked, one or none of the peaks of its linear wave may be absorbed, dampening the sound which moves with the wave traveling back along the path it came in on and significantly blocking the noise that propagates through the blocking material.
at a Glance:
- An Environmental Noise Control, Inc. designed & engineered tool to stop unwanted sound
- Portability & adaptability allow for customized enclosure design and maximum effectiveness
- Multiple ENC products https://www.smallpieces.com/kids/ can be used for increased protection
- Laboratory tested materials
- Fire-rated certifications that apply to most projects