Web-Based Noise Monitoring Service
Environmental Noise Control, Inc. offers a unique web-based noise monitoring service where the client can observe noise, vibration, and weather data recorded by the sensor modules in real-time and listen to audio data of noise exceeding ordinance limits or project specifications.
Short-term, long-term, permanent, and semi-permanent noise monitoring services are offered to ENC’s clients to provide continuous noise level documentation, compliance verification, and operating condition noise impact analysis. In addition, ENC’s sound level meters record noise and vibration levels generated by a project site or capture the ambient levels of a proposed site location before operation. These systems are powered by solar panels, allowing us to deploy them in remote areas.
After reviewing applicable noise and vibration ordinances, ENC personnel will deploy a sound monitoring system at its client’s site in a predetermined location to measure and document operational sound and vibration levels. Then, the measured data will be collected and prepared in a report on a daily or weekly basis. Furthermore, the sound level data is prepared and presented in accordance with the applicable ordinance and can be presented as instantaneous or average levels.
To provide further noise analysis, ENC also offers long-term frequency logging. Audio recording is also available to help identify the source of the sound level “spikes” throughout the logging period. The main component of the monitoring station is a calibrated sound level meter programmed to log sound levels.
Setting up an alert system is also possible, notifying the client via text message or email whenever noise and/or vibration levels are exceeded.
As part of ENC’s service, we provide written reports detailing the findings and conclude what temporary or permanent sound mitigation is needed, if any.
Remote Field Monitoring Systems Environmental Sensor Modules can Include the Following:
- Sound Level – dBA with continuous audio recording and level alarms with data logging
- Sound Level – dBC with continuous audio recording and level alarms with data logging
- 4-Sensor Weather Station featuring:
- wind speed
- wind direction
- rain intensity or relative humidity
- air temperature
- Vibration Level Monitoring
- Dust Level Monitoring
Common Applications Include:
- Infrastructure Projects (blasting, piling, demolition, landscaping, etc.)
- Construction Projects
- Installations (quarries, mineral processing, waste management, etc.)
- Transport Facilities (subway, road, rail, bridge, etc.)
- Environmental Impact (groundwater, air pollution, ozone, oil & gas, etc.)